Tuesday 12 July 2011

The next Picasso?

For those of you who know me, you will be well aware of my 'interesting' art skills. For those of you who don't, count yourself lucky. Art and I have never quite got on. There are so many unacknowledged rules and requirements that I get stressed and abandon it. I do not have the patience to sit for hours on end and not see any change at all. This is not the case for my Nana. For her, it is relaxing. She loves to snatch a few hours with a canvas and watch the painting unfold. And it is good - she seems to have a real talent for it. If you ever get the chance to see one of her paintings, take it.

You can imagine my reluctance when I headed to Orlando to try Painting with a Twist; I did not want to embarrass myself. Luckily, this was not the case. This was a low pressure class where the focus was not on getting it right but having fun. There was a bar on site and as part of their grand opening, drinks were complimentary. There was wines and beers, or sodas for those who didn't want to drink .

Although I admit I was originally quite nervous about it , I did enjoy myself. I still wouldn't class it as relaxing ( I'm too fussy for that) but it was fun. I have to say I am quite proud of my first painting, even if it wasn't the best one of the night! Who knows, maybe this is the start of a new hobby. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment