Thursday 14 July 2011


Considering the fact that I have been visiting Florida regularly since my grandparents moved here twelve years ago, it is not often that I don't know what to expect from a park. I have been to most of the local theme park since my first visit all those years ago.

I was not entirely sure what to expect from Epcot, however, since I can't remember the last time I visited. Epcot isn't like the rest of the parks in Florida. The focus is not on adrenaline inducing rides but a more relaxed experience. The main attraction is the "World Showcase", a series of themed zones based on various global attractions such as St Mark's Square in Italy and Versailles. Of course there are rides within these sections they just don't dominate your day; they are paired with fantastic exhibitions, shops and restaurants. Most notably is the beautiful Japanese sector where you can buy real kimonos which I have to say, are stunning.

Unusually, nestled next to the "Circle of Life" attraction is the Disney lab where scientists do their best to solve global food shortages and related problems. I have to admit I was quite shocked. Disney and science is not something you normally put together - who would've thought it?!

Personally, the best bit of the day had to be meeting the characters, namely Alice in Wonderland who proceeded to ask my nana if her hat had been made by a turtle. I don't think I have ever seen her so shocked. Her face was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment