Friday 30 July 2010

Have you ever played mini-golf when its 100 degrees outside?

Trust me, that's pretty hot. I would know because that's where I found myself on an extremely sunny Sunday afternoon.

Since my hand-eye co-ordination isn't exactly up to scratch, we were headed to Disney's Fantasia Gardens for a game of golf that didn't require skill or the ability to use your brain. The only problem was that the course wasn't quite as simple as we thought it would be.

I may not be an expert on golf but even I know that it's pretty hard to play when the course has enough slopes to rival a ski resort. As was to be expected, there was no hole-in-one's for me but regardless of this, I have to admit it was fun. Sadly I didn't beat, or even match, the course record.

One thing's for sure, I will never complain about English heat again. Today, as we head off shopping (there's a bit of a recurring theme here), it is 106 degrees, which is pretty hot. I was planning on tanning when I was here but it is actually too hot to go outdoors.

I don't know who invented air conditioning but boy are they a saviour! You have to admit that its the only thing keeping Americans and tourists alike from melting on the tarmac.

Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment