Thursday 22 July 2010

The electricity bill of a lifetime


No matter how many times I go there, the Disney parks never fail to keep me spellbound. My most recent trip there was Tuesday, when my grandparents and I took the short journey to Magic Kingdom.

Seeing as I had already been there a fair few times, we were going for the evening when the crowds should have gone home for the night. It meant we wouldn't get on any of the rides but since I could still shop, I wasn't going to complain. We were there for the Summer Nightastic; a parade of floats and dancers all decorated with enough lights to decorate several hundred Christmas trees. Despite the hefty bill it must produce, the overall effect is mesmorising.

Inspired by Disney classics such as Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I think this may have been one of the best parades I have seen.

The only downside had to be the sweltering heat and the mass of red-faced visitors certainly didn't help. It seemed our theaory that Tuesday would be quiet was wrong. We skipped the fireworks (but still managed to catch it as we left the park). Because Main Street was packed with spectators, we were led through a side exit but even with the staff doing all they could it took us an hour to get to the car park, let alone out of Disney.

Despite the late finish, I loved it. I guess it just proves I'll always be a Disney girl at heart.

Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment