Sunday 18 July 2010

Muggles and Magic


Ask any of my friends and they will tell you how excited I was about going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. 


Hooked from the beginning, I confess that I was determined to get into Hogwarts. Due to what I'm sure is simply a clerical error, my wizarding potential remains unrealised.



But this is beside the point; I would be entering Universal Studios as a muggle.

I'm sure Hogsmeade has never been busier. When we arrived at around nine in the morning, the queues were already unimagineably long to even enter the wizarding village, let alone the shops or rides. With a seventy-five minute wait to enter Ollivander's and the Owl Post (which are connected), we decided to move on after one ride and a Butterbeer in the Hog's Head.



The ride we did manage to get on was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, which although good, wasn't great - it was just a mismatch of scenes from the various books and movies Harry Potter stars in.



Disappointing? Maybe. But after all, there's more to Universal Studios than one village pulled from one woman's imagination. There's fast rides, water rides, scary rides and Wizarding World of Harry Potter is just one small part of it. Hopefully, when the excitement has died down, the great idea that is Hogsmeade will be a little more like I was hoping for.



Kelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment