Monday 15 August 2011

You can take the girl out of England....

I love the beach.

There is something about the feeling of sand beneath your bare feet, the way the water las at your toes. To me, it doesn't matter if its barely above freezing and I'm buried beneath layers of hats, scarves and woolly jumpers. It is one of my favourite places and I never tire of it.

Over here, it's completely different; it's not a bad thing, just different. The beach is crowded with people desperately soaking up the rays. Not only is it acceptable to walk around in swimwear, it's expected. Of course, in Florida the chances of needing a coat on the beach are slim to none.

Yesterday, we drove to the beach for the day and I loved it. I even managed to move from vampire to pale on the tanning scale, something I was beginning to think was impossible. We had a great meal at a Spanish restaurant where I think I may have scared my grandparents with my obsession for tapas. Like I said, I personally had a great day even if I couldn't help missing fish and chips and a good old fashioned 99.

No comments:

Post a Comment