Wednesday 8 December 2010

Rain and Roller Coasters


A week on a cabbage farm sure sounds like fun doesn't it? I expected rainy days, little company and the ever present smell of farming. So you can imagine my surprise when I did actually enjoy my time in Lincolnshire.

Not only was I off school for a week, which is in itself a cause for celebration, but I got to spend it with my friend and I had 'forgotten' about the rather substantial amount of homework I had to work through.

Although we did manage to drag ourselves out of the cottage we had rented for the occasional trip out, I have to admit that most of the time we could be found in the hot tub, which we had affectionately named Gandalf, looking every bit the sophisticated hotshot. (Ok that last bit may be a slight exaggeration).

The highlight of the week had to be our trip to Skegness. Ignoring the long sandy beaches or town centre, we dived into the pleasure beach not leaving until our stomachs were churning - an unfortunate after effect of the sheer number of rides we had been on and rather large lunch we had devoured

In short, if anyone every offers you the opportunity to spend a week on a cabbage farm in Lincolnshire, I suggest you take it. Just be sure you remember to not eat before visiting Skegness Pleasure Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment