Tuesday 10 August 2010

Home once more

It's a funny feeling to come home from holiday. Everyone is affected in a different way. Some can't sleep. Others throw themselves into all the work they didn't do.

Although I should probably be the latter, I'm not.

I keep speaking American. All those phrases I thought were strange four weeks ago have suddenly appeared in my vocabulary. To the amusement (and sometimes annoyance) of my friends, the words soda and candy have become common language for me.

It seems my vacation has had a lasting effect on me - not that I'm suprised. It would be hard for me to forget considering the amount that occured. But now I'm home and having to re-adapt to the life of an English teen. There's rain, homework, chores, more rain. And before I make a start on that essay, I just want to say thank you to everyone who made misadventures what they were.


Until next time
Kelly x

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, it was fun for all of us, and we miss your smiling face and your enthusiasm ( and your cheeky comments ) Can't wait till next time............ thank you for being here with us for a month.

    ReplyDelete